Sunday, November 13, 2005

Potty Training Tips

I have been trying to potty train Bubba. Here are my insights on the subject.
~ Boys ARE more difficult than girls...I've had both.
~ Little boys don't really care if they wet their pants, it is in fact funny to them.
~ Food is a good reward, I am not trying to say that you should feed him a whole burger or a dish of ice cream every time he pees, but I give one chocolate chip for each success and that seems to be a good reward, I did stickers with Addy, but Bubba could care less.
~ We have a great "Bubba went potty dance" that we do... don't do this in public, but at home it's cool.
~ It's not a big deal to carry the little potty seat around with you. I don't love it, but people know what's you're doing and most people have been there too.

There is nothing easy or fun about this process I can tell you that, but by being positive and upbeat you may see that your little one will give potty training a lot more effort.

No comments: