Monday, April 10, 2006

The holes in their faces



Dee Dee came into my room at 630 am and told me she needed a tissue. I, proud that she was not picking her nose, gave her a tissue and told her to get back to bed. About 10 minutes later she came in to tell me that the tissue was stuck. I thought she was joking... But when I got her put her chin up, sure enough there was what appeared to be a small fleck of tissue. I went to get the tweezers... but when I gently put them in her nose the tweezers tickled and she sniffed and the little fleck disappeared completely. That's when I freaked out.
Only a few weeks before this happened, I noticed Bubba had started to get really really bad breath. I mean BAD! I thought he had a rotten tooth or something, not that I could imagine how because he brushes his teeth like 5 times a day, but just the same that's what it smelled like. Infection. I made the dental appointment for the following week after out trip to visit my mom. While we were there seeing Grammy, Bubba managed to flip himself out of the highchair he was in and he hit head. The bonk on the head dislodged a GIANT booger. I got a tissue to wipe it off his face and almost barfed. The "booger" was a piece of yarn that had been festering in his little nose for the past 2 weeks. That would explain the odd smell. Don't worry, the stench cleared within an hour of the head bonk/booger removal.
So anyway... after that experience I was worried about the tissue and knew that it needed to be removed. After waiting in the local minor emergency for what seemed to be eternity... they were able to hold her tiny little nostril open far enough to see up her nose and remove the tissue. It was HUGE! I can not believe how she could get that up her nose.

No comments: